Like most, I learn a lot more by doing things wrong before doing them right. Maybe, I can save someone some of my learning pain, I mean curve!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

NAS - Getting Started

Over the years, I have mused about taking the time to share some of the things that I have designed, built and/or implemented to share back with the Internet community from which I have stolen, errr adopted, I meaned learned so much. In the past, I decided not to do so because of all kinds of excuses. I am going to try to change that now!

For the past year, I have been musing in the background about buying or building a NAS server for home. I have made a decision to build and have selected the hardware and will soon finalize the OS decisions. I have searched the "whole" Internet, every little corner, ever bit, maybe even a qubit or two. And remarkably, I have failed to find a solution that meets what I personally want. That isn't to say I haven't found a lot, but just not the whole enchilada. So I have decided to start here.

Stay tuned!

lbe

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Houston, Texas, United States
Geek, sometimes its biting the head off of a chicken, sometimes its getting hit in the head while working on something :)

Followers